Well, the flight really wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was slated to be 15 hours but really turned out to be 13.5 or so. I maybe got 2-3 hours of sleep (more like a nap) to try and adjust to the 11.5 hour time change. Since I’m writing this in hindsight of a great night’s sleep, I can say that was a good idea. My body is already pretty adjusted. As we were flying into Delhi though, it was ridiculous how hazy it was. You can’t see the ground until you’re about 2 or 3 thousand feet. Once on the ground, we were instantly met with India’s heat even though it was 6pm. I quickly learned how awesome it is to travel on a diplomatic/official passport when we got to the immigration line aka there was NO ONE in my line while everyone else had to wait 15-20min. After that, we got our bags and met some folks that were sent from the American Institute of Indian Studies (AIIS). We boarded some buses sent for us that appropriately had “Tourist” labeled above them and arrived at the Taj Ambassador hotel shortly after. Holy moly. 5 star India at its best. It’s definitely very posh as a good friend of mine would say, but nothing quite like the states. Tomorrow we are doing the tourist attractions so I’m looking forward to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment