Today was good and bad. The presentations were informative but it was sooooo long. Sitting in the same conference room for breakfast, lunch, and presentations from 9-530 is not fun. It was nice to finally learn specific details about the Institutes we will be staying at, like the availability of drinking water (HUGE problem in India. The water there is worse than Mexico). I also learned today about a slang word, "BAG." It's a term reserved exclusively for American/European male tourists that wear shorts while they are in India. "BAG" = Big American Guy. Nothing too special but I thought it was funny. I'll have to ask the family I'm staying with what the significance is of that. I don't even know who I'm staying with so that will be fun to learn about once I arrive.
FYI, our flight is direct from Chicago to New Delhi. Total flight time is 15 hours.... Grossssss.
No comments:
Post a Comment